Tooting your own horn. How comfortable is that for you? Do you acknowledge your strengths, pat yourself on the back, and offer those strengths for the benefit of others? I was challenged this week to brag about myself.
Ack! I could literally feel my hands clawing at my neck in terror! B.R.A.G.! Are you kidding me??? Didn't your mother tell you to never brag?! Really, who am I to sing my own praises? That's for others to do if they so deem me worthy...oh crud. There it is, isn't it?
I thought I'd given up looking to others to validate me, taken back my own power & learned to stand in my own light. *slap on the forehead here* OK, here goes - just the facts:
- 5 years ago both my parents made their transitions as did my my marriage.
- I was working full time as a third grade teacher,
- Began a masters degree program for Reading Specialists,
- Hired my first life coach, then a second,
- Enrolled in a full coach training program
- Started coaching clients,
- Completed my masters degree,
- Given a position as a Reading Specialist at my school,
- Passed the Virginia State Reading Exam,
- Finished my coaching classes,
- Went to Hawaii to celebrate,
- Lead a team for Divorce Support online at Sparkpeople.com
- Continued to take coaching courses from various sources,
- Started several triads & diads to practice and record coaching sessions,
- In the process, built my own website and blog,
- Facebook pages for Stirring the Spirit Within & Stress-Free Teacher Zone,
- Came out of the closet at work as a Life Coach,
- Started my Inner Peace Warriors support group at school,
- Presented my first two workshops at church (Hey, It's Spirit Calling-Can You Hear me Now? & Spirit Vision),
- Hosted several teleclasses: Tools for Spiritual Coaching, One Minute Meditation, and (co-hosted) a short series on Breaking the Clutter Habit and Creating Your Inner/Outer Sanctuary.
- All while reclaiming & remodeling many areas of my home.
- Became certified by the International Association of Coaching!
Seriously, if you want to read more, you may go read my recommendations at http://www.linkedin.com/in/judeeastman.
If you would like help with a loss of yourself, a loved one, relationship, who am I now that ___ has happened to my life? And you are ready to do the work to uncover your beautiful, happy, contented self--or to create the new life that is yours to live, I'd love to support & work with you on this! Contact me today!
Thanks to a great coach, Flo Mauri, who gave me this challenge, and to all my fellow travelers, friends near & far, who have walked ahead of me & with me, encouraged & challenged me, sending your energy into the cosmos for me to incorporate into my own Golden Ball of Light floating into the flow and Loving what is!
Photo linked here