Pages

Friday, November 7, 2008

Playing to your strengths



If you spend too much time working on your weaknesses, all you end up with is a lot of strong weaknesses. - Dan Sullivan, business coach

It's tempting isn't it? It's so much easier to see what's wrong with yourself and your life than to take advantage of what's right. The problem is, too much focus on the negative can affect your attitude and opinion of yourself. It's a quick road to burnout. While it's important to pay attention to things you can improve, your best bet for a breakthrough lies in maximizing what you're already good at. The secret is to use those strengths to help boost yourself up where you need the help. What are your major talents? What do you have a special knack for? Set specific goals to improve those talents and don't fret as much about your weak spots. They'll get the extra help they need as you climb higher.

Courtesy of SparkPeople.com Healthy Reflections

What are your strengths? Mine are flexibility, openness, connection, relationship, honesty, intuitive listening, support, dependability, and perseverance. How did I discover this? At a time in my life when my confidence needed a boost, a coach told me to ask some of my closest friends to tell me what they saw in me as a friend--in other words, my strengths. I then had to believe what they were telling me, so I started noticing when I was BE-ing those traits and told myself--Yes, I am ____ ! Before long I not only began to believe this about myself, but started attracting people into my life who were aligned with who I am. Find your power-Shine your light! (c) 2008

No comments: