Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gratitude's Attitude

Yes!  It's true.  To have something more, better & aligned with who you really are, you gotta love what you have, even when it doesn't seem like there's anything to love!  As Byron Katie would say "love what is".  It certainly has been the story of my spiritual growth path.  When life seems to suck, give thanks!
 


I remember a Christmas (in a previous married part of my life) that wasn't feeling so hot.  No money, loads of debt, relationship wasn't feeding my soul in a good way, doing therapy, wondering if my parents role in my life had screwed me up, worrying that my kids' lives were screwed up and what role I'd had in that & needing some love & attention....ever been there?   Then you know the head space I was living in.  Not to rehash the past (that was my perception at that moment in time), but my spiritual upbringing  kicked in.  Be thankful - give thanks for what you have and who you have in your life now, because it's all for your highest and best growth. 


I wrote letters to my family members as the biggest part of their holiday gifts (I couldn't afford much more).  I thanked them for every good thing I could imagine they had provided for me, even if it was only what they thought they were providing, or what I thought they must have thought they were providing.  I needed to feel that I mattered and was loved.


The result of those letters was much love and thanks were reflected back to me expansively.  They affirmed that I did matter, that my gift of reaching out in love to others did affect them in a positive way that rippled out into the world.




No matter what life's circumstances seem to be handing you.  No matter what the world's financial, governmental, or seeming lack of harmony "look" like.  What's true is only what you allow as your current perception.  I had to see that I could give thanks for all that was or that "seemed" to be part of my life at that moment to understand that much of it really wasn't true if I looked to the core of who I knew myself to be.  Created in the purest way and filled with all that I needed in order to live a happy life that was not dependent on others or what they thought of me.


So this is my gift to you in this week of Thanks & Giving.  Love what is.  Love the skin you're in.  Love  your perceived world as it is.  Thank the people in your life for what you can or what you can imagine they thought they were doing for you.  Thank the Universe for this opportunity to see only what is there for your highest and best. The world will be a better place for it and so will you. 






Namaste

1 comment:

Flo Mauri said...

Thank you, Jude. It was very healing for me to read your blog. Sometimes, we just need to be reminded of how grateful we truly are for all we have. It inspired me to reach out in love and extend that same gift to you.
Flo