Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hearing the Spirit Within ~ Intuition

"Only when we find the quietness in our own minds can we begin to hear our inner teacher, so that we may receive some intuition. Only when we are ready to recognize and value the wisdom that we carry at the core of our being will we turn our attention inwards and 'listen in'. But it's been a long time since we truly listened, so a little practice and patience will be needed. Sit down, be quiet and listen in at some point today and you might be surprised at what you hear. Then do it again tomorrow. All you need to do is remember that you are the listener and not the noise." ~ Unknown

What is your definition of Intuition? Is it trusting your gut, an instant knowing, or something else? The dictionary says Intuition is a direct perception of truth, fact, etc., independent of any reasoning process/a keen and quick insight. Do you believe it could be Spirit or the Universe talking to you?

For much of my life I looked to the outside rather than my inside for guidance and validation. Experts must have known better than I. Family and friends’ opinions seemed so important and superseded my own. When asked why I believed what I did, all I could answer was “because I do” and therein was the hint I was missing for so long. A feeling of what was right or wrong for me.

What holds you back? Is it emotions or ways we react to situations based on past experiences?

What moves you forward? Feelings or acting in alignment with your core values or authentic self. Align here and the Universe seems to encourage things in your life to fall into place.

In a recent workshop I did on intuition a participant asked, "How do you know the feeling you get with a new idea is intuition and not fear?" My answer was that you should feel open and energetic about the choice and not constricted or dragged down by it. The very next day another coach I know, Nina East, founder of the Personal Growth Princess.com posted in her blog: "The key distinction is that inner guidance always brings relief (sometimes coupled with excitement), almost always whispers, and never criticizes. If you hear a yelling voice in your head - and you aren't in imminent physical danger - chances are it's your fear talking, not your intuition. If you hear a voice chastising you for not having done something, that's not your inner guidance." (used with permission).

Practice strengthening your intuition muscle! There's no limit to where it can take you. 

No comments: