Pages

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Who am I & How did I get here?


How did I come to life coaching?

2005 was the year that both of my parents passed on and my husband and I separated. The following summer I attended a weekend retreat entitled "Moving Onward and Forward with Your Life". One of the afternoon sessions evolved around: What are your core values? What are your deepest fears and limiting beliefs? If nothing stood in your way what would you like to do in life? At the end of the afternoon, our presenter stated that she was a life coach and was offering a ten minute sample session to anyone who was interested. I signed up and--click--the light bulb went off! It was then and there that I knew what my passion and vision for the future was. I'd always enjoyed discussing problems and brainstorming solutions with my friends, family, and co-workers. This seemed like a perfect fit.

When I got home, I researched coaching & immediately signed up for a complimentary session. Our connection was spooky. We had many of the same beliefs about being whole and capable right now. We had similar spiritual connections that made this seem more than a coincidence. I signed up to work with this coach and knew this is what I wanted to do too.

I grew up in Florida and got my B.A. in education from the University of South Florida. While married, I lived in the Washington, D.C. area, Northern California, and Virginia. I'm a life coach and a teacher. I am currently working on a masters in reading from the University of Virginia and life coach certification through the School of Coaching Mastery.

I was married for thirty-one years and have three grown children. In my life's journey so far, l've learned much about relationships, grief, spiritual wholeness, Attention Deficit Disorder, depression, & learning disabilities.

A few of my pleasures in life are going to the beach or being out in nature, cooking a wide variety of ethnic or vegetarian foods, and reading. I like animals of all kinds and currently have a two year old dog.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be." (Lao Tzu) This quote started me on my way of discovering my core values: honesty, spirituality, connectedness, integrity, communication, collaboration, joy, peace, service, & growth...and of letting go what no longer served me.

Is something telling you to "do" or "be" more? Need help redefining the YOU, who used to be very clear on who you were and what you wanted out of life? Feeling lost in your own chatter? Let's discover what your core values are!

Let's stir the spirit within--all the wisdom, power and grace are within you now to make changes and discoveries in your life. http://www.stirringthespiritwithin.com/

No comments: