Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Seeing the wonder in the smallest details



There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is.
- Albert Einstein, physicist


What do you appreciate and what do you ignore? Is a sunrise any less special because its image wouldn't make it on a magazine cover? Is any day less precious because, in your mind, "nothing special" happened? For some reason, it's hard to be impressed with anything these days. Driving a car is a source of strain instead of wonder. The internet is already old news. Quick--when was the last time you paid attention to a space shuttle flight? Remember when that was all people could talk about? Once you take something for granted, you also take the life out of it. When nothing is "special," boredom and gloom aren't far behind. Look around where you're sitting right now, and try to see it for the first time, like a child would. Think about the human potential that created the stuff in the room. Think about the miracles of nature right outside your window. Think about how amazing it is that you're even here to see it. dailyom.com

Even the Grinchi-est of us can stop, smell the spiced cider, the fresh evergreen, (OK-so you don't have a real tree--go outside!), the recent huge full rising moon. For me the little things in life make it all worthwhile. The kiss of my dog when I get home, the sparkle of the lights during this season. Appreciate, really appreciate what you have now. If you don't have the money to buy expensive gifts, give the gift of love. Write letters to those in your life that are there for you. Tell them how much you appreciate all that they do. Even those people who irritate you. Surely there's something about them you can appreciate. It will come back to you ten fold. Be the candle in the mirror--Be the change you wish to see.~Here's my wish for you~Let your heart glow with the light that is of you!

This is the season of light, a time when hearts are aglow. I picture the image of a light that holds my attention. It may be a streetlight with sparkling snow flurries whirling past it. Perhaps I see sunlight creating prisms on a snow's glittering surface or moonlight moving shadows across a meadow dusted in white. My image may be of a single candle lit in the window with an intention of holiness. In this stillness, I reflect upon the light. I breathe and relax. All is tranquil, prayerful.

This is a time of insight, radiance, and joy. I give thanks in advance for love, sharing, and guidance. I realize I can let my own inner light shine out more brightly. With wisdom and kindness, I make a difference in the lives of many.
dailyword.com

If you're not feeling amazed and amazing--the light and the love--what changes do you want to make in your life?

Contact me--Let's stir your spirit within. jude@stirringthespiritwithin.com

No comments: